Home Insurance in North Carolina
Are you a North Carolina homeowner? If so, you need a home insurance policy to protect your home and its contents if they are damaged, destroyed or lost from a variety of causes, such as fire, tornadoes, fall wind storms, lightning, theft, or vandalism. Talk to one of our local North Carolina home insurance agents about getting the perfect, competitively priced policy.
What is Homeowners Insurance?
Homeowners insurance is a form of property insurance designed to protect an individual's home against damages to the house itself or to possessions in the home. Homeowners insurance also provides liability coverage against accidents in the home or on the property.
Damage caused by most disasters is covered, but there are notable exceptions. The most significant is damage caused by floods, earthquakes or poor maintenance. You must buy additional policies for flood and earthquake
coverage. Maintenance-related problems are the homeowner’s responsibility.
Why Do You Need Homeowners Insurance in North Carolina?
Your home is one of your greatest investments - why not protect it? Homeowners insurance is really all about protecting yourself financially if something unexpected happens to your home or possessions.
- If your home were destroyed by fire or damaged by a natural disaster, you would need money to repair or replace it.
- If a guest in your home were injured, liability protection and medical coverage would help pay expenses.
- If you were a victim of theft or vandalism, it would reimburse you for your loss or pay for repairs.
- If you are still paying for your home, your lender requires insurance.
It is important to know that homeowner’s insurance is meant to cover unexpected damage, not routine maintenance. Ask your local home insurance agent to review what is covered and be sure to read your policy so you know exactly what is included and what is not.
Questions to Consider When Purchasing a Homeowners Policy:
Here are few things to discuss with your local home insurance broker:
- How much will it cost to rebuild my house and replace my belongings if they are damaged or destroyed? Ask your agent to talk you through your home's features and the things you own so you can make an informed decision about coverage.
- Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly?
- What discounts are available? Ask about multiple policy, security system, and fire resistance discounts.
- What's the process for filing and settling a claim? Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.
Your Local North Carolina Home Insurance Brokers
We are a local, family-owned agency that’s been helping North Carolinians with their insurance needs since 1999. Our exceptional service and trustworthy advice is what sets us apart from the competition. We get to know you and your family so we can fully assess your needs and guide you in choosing the right level of insurance to fit your individual situation.
Other Home Insurance Options
- Condo Insurance
- Renters Insurance
- Insurance for Landlords
- Mobile Home Insurance